1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Lemon Vinaigrette; cover and set aside.
2. Scrub beets. Wrap each beet in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until a knife can be easily inserted into beets. Cool 20 minutes or until able to handle. Trim off stem and root ends of roasted beets. Peel and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Alternate cooking option: boil beets in hot water until easily pierced with a knife. Cool and rub off the skin.
3. In a medium bowl, toss beets with a sprinkle of salt & pepper and 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
4. In another medium bowl toss fennel with a sprinkle of salt & pepper and 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
5. Line plates with lettuce and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Layer with beets, pecans, fennel, cheese, and chives.