Oatmeal Cookies - Crispy and Salted!
1 cup flour
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
14 Tablespoons butter, slightly softened
1 c sugar
1/4 c packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 t vanilla
2-1/2 c old-fashioned oats
6 oz. toasted Missouri pecans
flaky sea salt (Maldon or fleur de sel) for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking shet with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder baking soda and table salt in a medium bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat til incorporated. Add flour mixture gradually and mix til just incorporated and smooth. Gradually add oats and nuts. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Roll 1 to 2 tablespoons of dough between palms into balls, then place on lined baking sheets. Gently flatten each ball slightly.
4. Sprinkle each cookie with a few grains of sea salt.
5. Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, about 13-16 minutes. Transfer parchment to wire rack to cool.