· 2 cups whole wheat flour
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 10 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
· 1 large egg, room temperature
· 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
· 3 tablespoons (about) raspberry jam or Ivan’s Fig Pecan jam
Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add butter; using your fingertips, rub in butter until coarse meal forms. Whisk egg and yolk in a bowl; add to flour mixture; stir just to blend.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Measure dough by 2 tablespoonfuls and roll into balls. Place on prepared sheets, spacing 2″ apart. Make an indentation in center of each ball; fill each with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
Bake cookies until golden, 12–14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.